Please email or call us for pricing on this book.
Calling all fans of unicorns, dragons, sea monsters, and other mythical creatures! Discover 100 marvelous facts that add to the magic in this new reader for fluent readers.
Key features include:
Packed with weird-but-true facts and tons of info, this Level 3 reader explores animals that are mistaken for mythical creatures, critters that are almost too weird for reality, and other creatures with incredible abilities. Learn all about these amazing, unbelievable, and downright fantastical beasts!
- Expert-vetted text appropriate for ages 7 to 9
- Brilliant and eye-catching National Geographic images
- 100 fun facts spread throughout the book
- A fact roundup at the end of each book for kids to review what they’ve learned
About the series: This high-interest, educationally-vetted readers series features magnificent National Geographic images accompanied by text written by experienced, skilled children’s book authors. Each reader includes a glossary and interactive features in which kids get to use what they’ve learned in the book. Level 1 readers reinforce the content of the book with a kinesthetic learning activity. Level 2 readers feature slightly higher-level text and additional vocabulary words. Level 3 readers have more layers of information to challenge more proficient readers. For emerging readers, the Pre-reader level introduces vocabulary and concepts, and the Co-reader level provides a collaborative reading experience.
Praise for National Geographic Readers:
“Reliable in format and solid in execution, this series works well to introduce children of varying levels of reading comfort to nonfiction and research formats.”
—Maggie Reagan, Booklist
Complete your collection with these popular National Geographic Fact Readers:
- National Geographic Readers: Bling! 100 Fun Facts About Rocks and Gems
- National Geographic Readers: Squeak! 100 Fun Facts about Hamsters, Mice, Guinea Pigs, and More
- National Geographic Readers: Ink! 100 Fun Facts About Octopuses, Squid, and More
- National Geographic Readers: Erupt! 100 Fun Facts About Volcanoes